The P&C is run by parents that volunteer their time and expertise. All parents and carers of children attending NECS are P&C Members and we encourage everyone to get involved.
The P&C Committee manage the operations of the P&C and coordinates its activities.
The 2019 Committee is:
- President - Jay Whitbred
- Vice President - Sally Veikkanen
- Treasurer - Julianne Tanner
- Secretary - Bianca Bailetti
No previous experience is needed to become a member of the Committee, just enthusiasm and an interest in the well being of the NECS community. The types of functions the Committee members undertake are indicated below:
- Leads the P&C in its activities and objectives.
- Acts as a spokesperson and representative of the P&C.
- Chairs meetings and develops Agenda with the Secretary.
- Supports active engagement across the school community and encourages strong partnerships with the school executive and staff.
- Supports the President and other Committee members in ensuring the smooth functioning of the P&C.
- Takes on the duties of the President where the President is unavailable.
- Supports the P&C in meeting its objectives.
- Manages the general administrative business of the P&C.
- Contributes to the smooth running of the P&C, including communications with the school community through:
- providing notification of meetings;
- maintaining the P&C website;
- drawing up Agenda for meetings; and
- taking and distributing Minutes from meetings.
- Manages the finances of the P&C.
- Receives and deposits funds, records all financial transactions and manages the P&C's bank accounts.
- Prepares financial reports for each P&C meeting and audited annual statements for the AGM.